How The Social Security Disability Claims Process Works
Are you suffering from an ailment that makes it impossible to work? Have you been dealing with this for at least a year, or do you expect this to last at least one year? You may qualify for Social Security Disability benefits to ease your financial burdens.
If you believe you may be eligible for Social Security Disability Insurance benefits, begin the claims process by calling your local Social Security Administration office. Call 423-453-3021.
Unfortunately, in many ways, filing an initial claim has become a formality. The majority of initial Social Security Disability claims are denied. After your claim has been denied, Douglas W. Hutson, Attorney at Law, can help you pursue an appeal and work to get the benefits you deserve.
You only have 60 days from the date of denial to appeal a decision. Call 423-453-3021 to talk with an experienced lawyer about your case. There is no cost upfront. We will not charge you any fees until we recover benefits for you.
The SSD Claims And Hearing Process
Mr. Hutson has practiced disability law for more than 35 years. He and his staff have the knowledge and experience necessary to successfully guide clients through the claims and appeals processes.
- The first step in the claims process is to gather information about your injury or illness and how it affects your ability to work. Provide these details in your initial claim.
- After you submit your detailed initial application, you will likely receive a response in two to six months.
- If your claim is denied, you can request reconsideration within 60 days. We can help you provide updated, well-documented and objective medical information for your reconsideration. You will receive an answer on the reconsideration about two to six months later.
- If your reconsideration is denied, it is time to request a hearing before an administrative law judge. Again, you have only 60 days to file the request. It is currently taking 6 to 9 months for a hearing to be scheduled. We have been successful in obtaining expedited hearing dates for clients in certain circumstances.
- If the administrative law judge denies your application during the hearing, it may be possible to pursue an appeal.
Free Social Security Disability Claim Evaluation
Mr. Hutson has an outstanding record of winning disability claims. He is a local, qualified attorney who is dedicated to helping those with disabilities obtain their rightful benefits as quickly as possible. Call 423-453-3021 or contact us online for a free claim review. We do not charge disability clients any fees unless we win benefits for them.