What Types Of Disabilities Qualify For Social Security Disability Benefits?
Common disabling conditions recognized by the Social Security Administration (SSA) include:
- Cardiovascular conditions, including chest pain, heart failure, heart transplants, recurrent arrhythmias, high blood pressure (hypertension) and congenital heart disease
- Digestive problems, including bowel incontinence, colitis, Crohn’s disease, colon cancer, leaky gut syndrome, liver disease and hepatitis
- Immune system disorders, such as Lupus and rheumatoid arthritis
- Mental health issues, including anxiety disorders, bipolar disorder, autism, schizophrenia, post-traumatic stress disorder, panic attacks and depression
Other covered health issues include:
- Chronic back and neck conditions
- Lung conditions
- Multiple sclerosis (MS)
- Vision and hearing loss
- Various cancers and other serious diseases
- Diabetes and associated conditions such as neuropathy and edema
Helping You Get Benefits
At the law office of Douglas W. Hutson, Attorney at Law, we help people with disabilities in East Tennessee get the Social Security Disability benefits they deserve. You may qualify for SSD benefits if:
- You have a sufficient work history, meaning that you have paid enough payroll taxes into the Social Security Disability Insurance program.
- You are unable to work at your current job and unable to adapt to different work due to a physical or mental ailment listed in the Social Security Administration’s impairment listing manual.
- Your disability has either lasted one year or is expected to last one year or until death.
If you have a qualifying disability but do not have a sufficient work history, we can work to help you obtain Supplemental Security Income benefits. WiWe serve clients throughout eastern Tennessee from our office in Athens.
The Social Security Administration has a compassionate allowances program for disabled workers who have specific, severe medical conditions. If you have a condition that is listed as part of this program, we will work to help get your application or appeal on a fast track for approval.
Experienced Advocacy You Can Trust
Douglas W. Hutson has helped people with disabilities access the benefits they need and deserve since obtaining his license to practice law in 1983. As a dedicated and compassionate lawyer, he provides personalized, one-on-one legal counsel to his clients, helping them gather and present the objective evidence they need to provide the SSA with proof of qualifying disabilities.
Call Us Today
Douglas W. Hutson, Attorney at Law, provides free initial consultations to those who need help with their Social Security Disability claims. We charge no legal fees until we win. Call 423-453-3021 or fill out this form to schedule your free consultation at our law office in Athens.